IDC: Business Value of AWS
Published on 17 Aug 2023
A recent study by IDC found that organizations that use Amazon Web Services (AWS) can achieve significant business value in terms of cost savings, staff productivity, operational resilience, and business agility.
The study, titled "The Business Value of Amazon Web Services," surveyed 1,100 organizations worldwide that use AWS. The study found that organizations that use AWS can achieve an average of:
- 22% cost savings in total infrastructure costs.
- 63% more efficient IT infrastructure teams.
- 84% fewer unplanned outages.
- 512% five-year ROI.
- 10 months to payback.
- 56% lower five-year cost of operations.
The study also found that organizations that use AWS can achieve new business outcomes, such as:
- Winning more business by speeding time to market for new services and solutions.
- Improving customer satisfaction by providing a more reliable and scalable service.
- Reducing the risk of data breaches and security incidents.
The study concludes that AWS can provide organizations with significant business value in terms of cost savings, staff productivity, operational resilience, agility, and new business outcomes.
Here are some specific examples of how organizations are using AWS to achieve business value:
- A financial services company was able to reduce its IT infrastructure costs by 30% by migrating its workloads to AWS.
- A retail company was able to improve its customer satisfaction by 10% by using AWS to personalize its marketing campaigns.
- A manufacturing company was able to reduce its production costs by 5% by using AWS to automate its manufacturing processes.
- A healthcare company was able to improve patient care by using AWS to develop a new mobile app for patients.
These are just a few examples of how organizations are using AWS to achieve business value. If you are looking for ways to improve your organization's efficiency, productivity, and agility, AWS is a great place to start.
Here are some additional benefits of using AWS:
- Scalability: AWS is designed to scale up or down as needed, so you can easily accommodate changes in your workload.
- Security: AWS offers a wide range of security features to protect your data and applications.
- Compliance: AWS is compliant with a wide range of industry regulations, so you can be confident that your data is safe and secure.
- Innovation: AWS is constantly innovating, so you can be sure that you are using the latest and greatest technologies.
If you are interested in learning more about the business value of AWS, I encourage you to download the whitepaper