Business Value on AWS
Published on 18 Aug 2023
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a suite of cloud computing services that runs on the same infrastructure that Amazon uses for its e-commerce website. AWS offers a broad set of global compute, storage, database, analytics, application, and deployment services that help organizations move faster, lower IT costs, and scale applications.
AWS has a wide range of benefits for businesses of all sizes. Here are some of the key business values of AWS:
- Cost savings: AWS can help businesses save money on IT costs in several ways. First, AWS offers a pay-as-you-go pricing model, so businesses only pay for the resources they use. This can help businesses save money on unused capacity. Second, AWS offers a variety of cost-saving features, such as reserved instances and spot instances. Reserved instances are a discounted pricing option for instances that are reserved for a one-year or three-year term. Spot instances are a type of on-demand instance that can be used for a fraction of the cost of a regular on-demand instance.
- Increased agility: AWS can help businesses increase their agility by providing them with the ability to quickly and easily scale their resources up or down as needed. This can be helpful for businesses that experience spikes in traffic or need to quickly launch new applications.
- Improved security: AWS offers a comprehensive set of security features to help businesses protect their data and applications. These features include encryption, intrusion detection, and access control.
- Enhanced innovation: AWS can help businesses innovate faster by providing them with access to a wide range of services and tools. These services and tools can be used to develop, test, and deploy new applications and services more quickly.
- Improved customer experience: AWS can help businesses improve the customer experience by providing them with the ability to deliver applications and services more reliably and efficiently. This can be helpful for businesses that want to provide their customers with a better user experience.
In addition to these key benefits, AWS also offers several other benefits, such as:
- Global reach: AWS has a global network of data centers, which means that businesses can deploy their applications and services around the world.
- Compliance: AWS offers a wide range of compliance features to help businesses meet their regulatory requirements.
- Support: AWS offers 24/7 support to help businesses with their AWS deployments and operations.
The business value of AWS can vary depending on the specific needs of the business. However, the benefits listed above are some of the most common benefits that businesses experience when they move to AWS.
Here are some specific examples of how businesses have realized business value from AWS:
- A financial services company saved $10 million per year by moving its data center to AWS.
- A retail company was able to launch a new mobile application in just two weeks using AWS.
- A healthcare company was able to improve the performance of its website by 300% by moving it to AWS.
- A manufacturing company was able to reduce its IT costs by 50% by using AWS.
These are just a few examples of how businesses have realized business value from AWS. The specific benefits that a business will experience will vary depending on the specific needs of the business. However, the business value of AWS is clear. AWS can help businesses save money, increase agility, improve security, enhance innovation, and improve the customer experience.
Download AWS's whitepaper to learn more about AWS Business Value on AWS Whitepaper only on Whitepapers Online.