Intent-Based Application Delivery Infrastructure
Published on 04 Jun 2022
Applications have become associated with corporate success in the digital age. Whilst development and implementation of applications, frequently across a hybrid or multi-cloud environment, is a well-known issue for businesses throughout the globe, same businesses must also evaluate and manage the consequences of application delivery mechanisms.
If the importance of applications and also the digital experiences they provide is crucial, then application delivery infrastructure, which ensures the availability and optimized effectiveness of increasingly distributed systems, must be modernized to meet a slew of new challenges, all based on the strategic objectives and intended outcomes of digital business.
Intelligent automating of application delivery infrastructure should be driven by business intent, ensuring agility while maintaining control and purpose. Furthermore, intelligent automation for application delivery infrastructure should really be ongoing, learning & adapting to changing environments while retaining intent and safeguarding against possible application performance concerns.
The cognition and sentience of application delivery infrastructure should be pervasive, including hybrid and multi-cloud applications, heterogeneous infrastructure, internet visibility, and all other end-to-end factors. Application and API security must also be handled via comprehensive protection.
If apps are now at the forefront of digital business, which is undeniably the case, businesses must guarantee that their application delivery infrastructure can play a critical supporting role.
Infrastructure Requirements for Next-Generation Application Delivery
What should contemporary application delivery infrastructure provide, given the above constraints and expectations?
Management that is simple, declarative, and intent-based: Intelligently acts on purpose, ensuring that corporate goals are met via regularly validated methods.
- Continuous learning and adaptation: Learns and adapts intelligently to guarantee that purpose is realized at all times, while also guarding and reacting to any problems or risks that can compromise application availability or the digital experience.
- Pervasive, full-stack visibility across apps, infrastructure, and networks: This is required to handle the real-time status and health of all applications, servers, ADCs, internet connection, cyber threats, and other factors.
- Autonomous self-healing and continuous optimizations: Has high visibility and real-time observability, allowing for automated self-healing and continuous optimizations, guaranteeing that the application delivery infrastructure adjusts to changing circumstances while adhering to business purpose.
- Internet health and status awareness through design, deployment, and optimization: Provides internet health and status awareness to aid in optimizing and controlling key network variables that affect application availability, performance, and security as a result of increased use of internet transit and connectivity to support applications.
- Continuous protection for apps and APIs: In addition to self-healing, applications, and APIs, which are increasingly at the heart of the digital business, need always-on, continuous security.
Download IDC's whitepaper to learn more about Intent-Based Application Delivery Infrastructure: The Linchpin
of Successful Digital Business only on Whitepapers Online.