What Are Desktops As A Service & How Do They Benefit Your Business?
Published on 05 Nov 2021
While the trend toward virtualization and remote work was already established before the Covid-19 outbreak, its impact on organizations and employees cannot be overstated. What was once a leisurely and steady migration has become a more urgent mass movement. These developments bring with them new problems that must be overcome before remote employees can feel productive and enterprises can go ahead.
See also: Business Benefits & Cost Savings Enabled By HPE GreenLake
Understanding The Meaning of DaaS
Organizations of all sizes are turning to desktops as a service (DaaS) solutions and the always-connected workspaces they enable to tackle new business challenges and the expectations of increasingly mobile and remote workforces. DaaS distributes virtual applications and desktops from the cloud to any device or location, allowing workers to work remotely while securely accessing data and apps just as easily as if they were in the office.
The Business Advantages of DaaS
- Flexibility: DaaS enables quick environmental changes and the deployment of desktops and applications in hours rather than days.
- Pay-as-you-go: DaaS provides a straightforward and predictable pay-as-you-go subscription approach. Furthermore, you only pay for what you use.
- Savings: DaaS reduces the capital costs involved with managing a data center.
- Scalability: Because DaaS is based on a pay-as-you-go subscription model, it is simple to scale up or down on demand.
- IT Efficiency: With a cloud partner managing day-to-day infrastructure maintenance and support, IT time and resources are used more effectively.
- Security & Compliance: Data is kept on the cloud for security and compliance reasons. Even if a device is lost, stolen, or infected with a virus, important data is kept safe and secure.
- Turnkey Service: With DaaS, a provider manages many of the day-to-day administrative responsibilities associated with desktop management.
- Simplified Management: Because DaaS is a turnkey service, it is simple to administer and simplifies numerous IT administration duties.
Do More and Grow With Citrix DaaS
Workforces are shifting. Employees, however, continue to demand a quick and responsive office experience. Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Standard for Azure enables you to provide easy, adaptable, and secure desktops and apps to your workers' preferred devices, no matter where they work. You can concentrate more on your company while allowing workers to perform their best job with improved IT efficiency. Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Standard for Azure streamlines IT, modernizes work processes, and propels enterprises ahead.
Download Citrix's whitepaper to learn more about desktops as a service and how it may help your workers as well as your organization as a whole.