Ways to accelerate your journey to the future of work
Published on 27 Jun 2022
1. To recruit and retain talent, use flexible work options.
- More than two-thirds of workers say they would like to work remotely at least twice each week.
- Flexible work arrangements are an important factor for many workers. Implementing a flexible strategy may aid in attracting talented individuals.
- The generation entering the workforce in the future expects to have access to remote working technologies.
2. The workplace is no longer a physical location. Assist your staff in establishing limits and achieving equilibrium.
- Employees have had to combine their personal and work lives throughout the epidemic.
- Utilize technologies that may contextually reveal a worker's status. For example: during business hours, out of the office, available, or busy.
- Choose a collaboration solution that safeguards your users, data, and devices from attacks, regardless of where your workers do their duties.
3. Adopt best practices for video conferencing to keep your staff connected whether they are in the office or at home.
- Social isolation may persist for some time. Reevaluate your plan for meeting room size and attendance.
- Consider constructing additional small conference rooms and private areas, and equip them with video conferencing equipment. In addition, provide bookable communal places that stimulate cooperation and team huddling, keeping in mind the social distance.
- Consider how you may reduce the number of surfaces that must be touched. For instance, voice commands to begin and stop video conferences.
4. Collaboration extends beyond video conferencing. Provide your staff with tools that allow them to digitally generate, improve, and present their ideas.
- In addition to video conferencing, teams need technologies that enable asynchronous communication, collaboration on the same files, and the discovery of common resources.
- With an integrated workspace that combines communications, meetings, documents, and tasks, workers spend less time finding out how to organize their job and more time actually doing it.
- Providing all employees, especially frontline workers, access to cloud-native tools fosters cooperation and creativity, propelling your company ahead.
5. COVID-19 altered the working environment. Reevaluate your toolkit and proceed in a more integrated and adaptable manner.
- Determine the collaboration tools your staff utilized throughout the epidemic. Determine strategies to simplify operations, cut expenses, and eliminate employee confusion.
- When selecting a long-term solution, your staff must begin utilizing the new technologies with little interruption and change management.
- An integrated workstation increases productivity because workers move between applications less often. Simultaneously, they may use intelligent, contextual advice to enhance their job efficiency.
Download Google Workspace's whitepaper to learn more about ways to accelerate your journey to the future of work only on Whitepapers Online.